Course Syllabus 2020-2021
Agenda August 13th, 2020
1. We will be going over this document together in class on Monday, August 17th, 2020
2. Please print the four page document and sign or initial as directed.
3. Scan/take photo of each page, upload into a google classroom - Due to Morty by Friday - August 21st
4. Keep paper version along with digital version. You will be placing this document - essentially your honor & word as a leader - on your digital portfolio.
1. Attendance - Rank & Support
1.5 SEL - Disney ;)
2. Help to Remind Morty to Record Mtgs
3. Journals - Promise, Goals, Quote, Calendar
**Look below to see more directive on Journals & due dates.
4. Brainstorming - August Class Clothing, September Clubs, October HOCO
5. To review the Google Calendar tutorial from Brendan & Zoe, follow this link and input password (mt06m&i8):
6. Office hours with Morty FYI
7. Today's recording/lesson/disscussion: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/uZdXPrb700ZJYYns42riWIQPFI-meaa8gSAZr_FcyU7L1k8Gfl7Fc6Azu-xjrtR7
Agenda August 18th, 2020
1. We will begin discussing Journals and their purpose on Thursday August 13th, 2020
2. Morty will attached her powerpoint presentation explaining the various aspects of the journal.
3. Week 1 will start August 17th - 21st.
4. Week 1 will be due to Morty via google classroom on August 24th, 2020. NOTE - Your journal will be due each MONDAY even if we don't have a zoom class.
5. Calendar pages - this year, based on online/distance learning and our class google calendar, you have the option to complete them or not. They will not be checked for a grade.
6. Our book study will correlate weekly to the word and quote in the journal. We will start by taking notes on paper, but keep all discussion notes because the information will be placed on your digital portfolio once we get that set up. TBD
1. Attendance - Rank & Support
2. DUE - Self Core Principles to Morty (for website)
2.5 Scott Backovich training - September 4th, 2:30-5:30pm
3. Review Syllabus, directive due by August 21st via google classroom
4. Journal Week 1 & Book Study work **Keep all work because this will be placed into your digital portfolio
5. Today's discussion/lesson - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/--IpN7WuxHNLW52R-Ebba5QvO4TFeaa80SJN8vdYn0mU71mt4QG-lnz77cZuqoXT Password: &fXXBcb1
Agenda August 20th, 2020
1. Polo Picture Assignment: due to classroom by 21st
Please take a picture (portrait versions preferred) vertically with your phone wearing your professional red polo.
2. Digital Tutorial - setting up websites
3. Recording of Zoom lesson 8.20.20
https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/7_RlPYqg_FtObpXQtULWX7YzGYO4T6a82nUWrPFYmhpcoQXzRefBhBdLmjCd_ma2 Password: 7^w&M#n6
Agenda August 21st, 2020
1. Due - Syllabus, profile picture, portfolio theme & url link
1.5 CADA October virtual conference discussion, $250 for ten kids and advisor, $20 additional student
2. Third period write up - example provided in classroom - DUE August 25th
2.5 Google forms go Live for t-shirt orders, publicize
3. Work independently - troubleshoot website issues, work on write up on self
4. Zoom Recording for class today - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/yJcqCuz1-l9LeKfTsEHhYq8DR6v6eaa82iVIrqEOnh4eNp5m15VJAx8bnEI_8JVw Password: J@Ak=Ey4
Portfolio Assignment #1 - Due August 21st, 2020
1. Create website (newbie) or update current site. Morty will give a tutorial. Veterans, please assist newbies.
2. www.education.weebly.com for set up or login
3. Input URL link into shared google doc with the class. Link due in doc by Friday August 21st.
4. Create your overall theme, set up the various pages (Morty will guide you).
Agenda August 25th, 2020
1. Due - Third Person write up for websites. Make sure you upload your information into your home page on your site.
2. Book Study Chapters 2&3
3. Portfolio update & grading to occur by Morty - DUE August 27th - Book Study page #1, #2, #3 (5 points per = 15 total points) to be completed. Remember to put down the prompt first that Morty provides. Morty will also be grading your theme/design/setup. Theme +5, write up +5, Photo +5 and set up +5 = 20 total points
4. Today's zoom lesson recording: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/1M1QBKjT1k5LTYnw5m38a6kYPMP9eaa80SYYqKJbnRpHz6i8Re9c4pTzRGrsH7GL Passcode: m0zrjR?X
Agenda August 27th, 2020
1. DUE - Book study #1,2,3
2. DUE - Portfolio set up
2.5 ASB Mtg Scott Backovich training - approve funds
3. Assignment - Teacher Support Sign, due Sept 1st. **Will not be in classroom, reminder located on calendar, MUST share with Morty so she can grade and print.
4. Recorded Lesson: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/5-F_Bp2tr0xJGoHfsWLufvQOJYDaX6a813dP_aJYzBpRy8yntFPFn1jxEUySWOUp Passcode: ySd9N*c?
Agenda September 8th, 2020
1. DUE Book Study #4,5,6 in classroom and website
1.5 Discuss Revamp - ASB Reports & The Elder Project
**Envolve Challenge of the week - Public Relations
2. Brainstorm Club Rush
3. HOMEWORK - Complete page #1 of your portfolio. Must be turned into classroom and uploaded to your Portfolio page on website.
4. Lesson recording for today - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/hvx1eZdEjB3xI_DKeRmed7tmR0iX8nDOMiNPxLVu8chGXnOpgtkz_pEi8a-15R-M.3OXwllOesVjqL7IV Passcode: 631Q7B^U
Portfolio Page 1 Directive - DUE Sept 10th
Write a one page typed letter that discusses your initial thoughts entering into the school year and your expectations of the year ahead. Perhaps some insight will come from Covid, Core Camp, training with Scott, or past experiences in the program. What do you ultimately want to get out of this program?
Writing expectations - at least 10 sentences if not more...
Agenda September 10th, 2020
1. Due - Portfolio page 1 on classroom & website
2. Breakout rooms - ABCs of RHS Letters N-Z, due Sept 15
Agenda September 15th, 2020
1. Due - Letters N-Z Update, discussion as class of Friday.
2. For Jeff...
2.5 For Mrs. Ochoa - complete
"Follow the link and choose a yearbook coverage topic of your choice. Complete the form and upload a photo. Please choose the topic/form that BEST applies to you. It may be featured in the yearbook. Some forms will require you to be signed in to your school email. Please sign in prior to accessing the Google Form links."
Do you best answering the questions to the best of your ability. If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to Mrs. Ochoa at lochoa@riponusdnet
3. DUE - Envolve Week 1 Challenge
4 Updates on Drive Thru & Club Rush
5. Envolve Week 2 Challenge - Gabriel, Kayla & Jaydin
6. Brainstorm Fall Fest
7. Zoom meeting - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/jwW7TPUtkyyymaiNAkHEmrsEa78norzw8g1z2Nll3D1k6nNV2TR9vOtENJel215c.cj8wH6jj5OUCDIW8 Passcode: &*36BvAd
|File Size:||15 kb|
Agenda September 17th, 2020
Agenda September 22nd, 2020
1. Continue discussion on Fall Fest Ideas
2. Book Study 7&8 Discussion, due Friday Sept 18 to classroom & personal website
Agenda September 18th, 2020
1. Due - Book study 7&8
2. Continued conversation about Fall Fest - Niki in charge
0.5 Journal Due Yesterday 9.21.20
1. Envolve Week 2 Update - Gabriel, Jaydin Kayla
2. Envolve Week 3 - Tech Crew: Bella & Derek
3. Fall Fest Review & Candidate Brainstorming
4. Zoom recording for today: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/oGZprBxX6Lr-U64S0FXaIaV6atXRABZJ9px-qO-UaNu8TzXvmKemaB1sduERXS02.1e21NT02lr9BJHR1 Passcode: ^489jwbN
Agenda October 1st, 2020
Agenda October 2nd, 2020
1. Please input Professional help on the google doc for Mock Interviews. Assigned 9.30.20
2. Your Future & Happiness - Video, questions due Oct 2
3. Work on ASB Report - remember to publish on your website.
4. Zoom Recording - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/aVlDchSlV39-vNbO-1OwBIpD6I6B7Z4nC8pA3PK0NACobOeiqVHD8LvrvC_njdEA.XTlksWZzWoWaN_Nr Passcode: NbEY4%im
1. Due - Formal ASB Report & Reflection
2. Formal ASB Meeting
3. Zoom Recording - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/r6wOWP7WTpV9i8NrSGUTHhuJXThz5OJ-zE_GX9rqG5BkwR3tUu0umNYNtIiByFDC.3Ah5RKfreTEB23ed Passcode: 3+Z7ybAN
Agenda October 8th, 2020
Agenda October 13th, 2020
1. Holiday Day Card Pick Up at 3pm as needed
2. Book Study #9, 10, 11 - due October 15th
3. https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/EK14z62yXOKoAG17yTzBPcVhZp2VZBViX-bQdcnFypFfNY1tPjRiCouPgxdwDgzZ.4mF8AiVhYv08Wo87 Passcode: K#!8V#Ky
1. Due on Monday the 12th - Journal Week 8
2. Due today by 1:30pm - Portfolio 2, 4, 6, 7 in classroom and published on website
3. Quick ASB Mtg regarding reallocation of funds
3.5 Social Media Assignment - Kate & Naomi
4. Envolve Update from our VPs
5. Envolve this week - Freshmen taking over :)
6. A Culture of Personality - please download the link to be able to read the document. DUE 15th - a reflection of the 'self'
7. Zoom recording - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/NDu4G1z9BFnkPudb5dVESZ9IvMlvFbSK90UUlfNTTt1wLtgP0NV0WzyfK1oHi2ZA.yJFeUk8jsy93fKMK Passcode: .xE$3Q=Z
Agenda October 22nd, 2020
1. Fall Fest Portfolio Page 8 explained - due Tuesday November 3rd
2. Who are you going to be? Due Oct 27th
Agenda October 27th, 2020
1. Due - Journal Week 10 from Monday
2. Gratitude Letter
Agenda October 29th, 2020
1. Snap Raise
Agenda October 30th, 2020
1. Class will be held via zoom until 2pm. Then you will be released to get ready for the Trick or Treat Drive Thru that begins at 3:15 and ends at 4:15pm
2. The Science of Happiness: Gratitude
Agenda November 10th, 2020
1. Snap Raise Mtg Launch - zoom link to be shared at the start of class.
2. Mock Interview - digital portfolio upload
Mock Interview Intro letter to professional on your weebly sites. Follow the directive of the AD to make sure the formal is the same for all students.
3. Zoom instructions - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/QXFch-FghJxOllv8bSpOHjvK58If3AfINZkNAjuAqx1rXUrWv5jem6HIqp7hitu3.NRtxMCDMbpoqO0eR Passcode: t06Ln#d^
Agenda November 12th, 2020
1. Envolve - Each person in the class will complete. Will be done via social media. Once you post, you will ask a friend to complete as well. You will need to provide evidence to Morty by the 17th as to the completion of this task. **This will be considered community service in the gradebook.
2. Book Study - 12, 13, 14
Due on website/classroom on November 17th
Agenda November 13th, 2020
1. Public Speaking - skills
2. Topics - this year, you can pick your own topic that you would like to speak about. Perhaps is it something you have great knowledge in or are truly passionate. Please be appropriate for a school setting. Your topic choice will be due to Morty on the 17th. We will work on writing them during in person class time upon our return after the 30th.
3. Holiday Tree/Door Discussion with Morty
Agenda November 17th, 2020
1. Due - Book Study & Public Speaking Topic
2. Portfolio - page 9&10, due 19th
Agenda November 19th, 2020
1. Due - portfolio pages 9&10 on classroom and websites
2. Ikigai (ee kee gahy/guy) - purpose in life
Breakout rooms - write up due to Morty by 3pm today!