Course Syllabus 2020-2021
Agenda August 13th, 2020
1. We will be going over this document together in class on Monday, August 17th, 2020
2. Please print the four page document and sign or initial as directed.
3. Scan/take photo of each page, upload into a google classroom - Due to Morty by Friday - August 21st
4. Keep paper version along with digital version. You will be placing this document - essentially your honor & word as a leader - on your digital portfolio.
1. Attendance - Rank & Support
1.5 SEL - Disney ;)
2. Help to Remind Morty to Record Mtgs
3. Journals - Promise, Goals, Quote, Calendar
**Look below to see more directive on Journals & due dates.
4. Brainstorming - August Class Clothing, September Clubs, October HOCO
5. To review the Google Calendar tutorial from Brendan & Zoe, follow this link and input password (mt06m&i8):
6. Office hours with Morty FYI
7. Today's recording/lesson/disscussion: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/uZdXPrb700ZJYYns42riWIQPFI-meaa8gSAZr_FcyU7L1k8Gfl7Fc6Azu-xjrtR7
Agenda August 18th, 2020
1. We will begin discussing Journals and their purpose on Thursday August 13th, 2020
2. Morty will attached her powerpoint presentation explaining the various aspects of the journal.
3. Week 1 will start August 17th - 21st.
4. Week 1 will be due to Morty via google classroom on August 24th, 2020. NOTE - Your journal will be due each MONDAY even if we don't have a zoom class.
5. Calendar pages - this year, based on online/distance learning and our class google calendar, you have the option to complete them or not. They will not be checked for a grade.
6. Our book study will correlate weekly to the word and quote in the journal. We will start by taking notes on paper, but keep all discussion notes because the information will be placed on your digital portfolio once we get that set up. TBD
1. Attendance - Rank & Support
2. DUE - Self Core Principles to Morty (for website)
2.5 Scott Backovich training - September 4th, 2:30-5:30pm
3. Review Syllabus, directive due by August 21st via google classroom
4. Journal Week 1 & Book Study work **Keep all work because this will be placed into your digital portfolio
5. Today's discussion/lesson - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/--IpN7WuxHNLW52R-Ebba5QvO4TFeaa80SJN8vdYn0mU71mt4QG-lnz77cZuqoXT Password: &fXXBcb1
Agenda August 20th, 2020
1. Polo Picture Assignment: due to classroom by 21st
Please take a picture (portrait versions preferred) vertically with your phone wearing your professional red polo.
2. Digital Tutorial - setting up websites
3. Recording of Zoom lesson 8.20.20
https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/7_RlPYqg_FtObpXQtULWX7YzGYO4T6a82nUWrPFYmhpcoQXzRefBhBdLmjCd_ma2 Password: 7^w&M#n6
Agenda August 21st, 2020
1. Due - Syllabus, profile picture, portfolio theme & url link
1.5 CADA October virtual conference discussion, $250 for ten kids and advisor, $20 additional student
2. Third period write up - example provided in classroom - DUE August 25th
2.5 Google forms go Live for t-shirt orders, publicize
3. Work independently - troubleshoot website issues, work on write up on self
4. Zoom Recording for class today - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/yJcqCuz1-l9LeKfTsEHhYq8DR6v6eaa82iVIrqEOnh4eNp5m15VJAx8bnEI_8JVw Password: J@Ak=Ey4
Portfolio Assignment #1 - Due August 21st, 2020
1. Create website (newbie) or update current site. Morty will give a tutorial. Veterans, please assist newbies.
2. www.education.weebly.com for set up or login
3. Input URL link into shared google doc with the class. Link due in doc by Friday August 21st.
4. Create your overall theme, set up the various pages (Morty will guide you).
Agenda August 25th, 2020
1. Due - Third Person write up for websites. Make sure you upload your information into your home page on your site.
2. Book Study Chapters 2&3
3. Portfolio update & grading to occur by Morty - DUE August 27th - Book Study page #1, #2, #3 (5 points per = 15 total points) to be completed. Remember to put down the prompt first that Morty provides. Morty will also be grading your theme/design/setup. Theme +5, write up +5, Photo +5 and set up +5 = 20 total points
4. Today's zoom lesson recording: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/1M1QBKjT1k5LTYnw5m38a6kYPMP9eaa80SYYqKJbnRpHz6i8Re9c4pTzRGrsH7GL Passcode: m0zrjR?X
Agenda August 27th, 2020
1. DUE - Book study #1,2,3
2. DUE - Portfolio set up
2.5 ASB Mtg Scott Backovich training - approve funds
3. Assignment - Teacher Support Sign, due Sept 1st. **Will not be in classroom, reminder located on calendar, MUST share with Morty so she can grade and print.
4. Recorded Lesson: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/5-F_Bp2tr0xJGoHfsWLufvQOJYDaX6a813dP_aJYzBpRy8yntFPFn1jxEUySWOUp Passcode: ySd9N*c?
Agenda September 8th, 2020
1. DUE Book Study #4,5,6 in classroom and website
1.5 Discuss Revamp - ASB Reports & The Elder Project
**Envolve Challenge of the week - Public Relations
2. Brainstorm Club Rush
3. HOMEWORK - Complete page #1 of your portfolio. Must be turned into classroom and uploaded to your Portfolio page on website.
4. Lesson recording for today - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/hvx1eZdEjB3xI_DKeRmed7tmR0iX8nDOMiNPxLVu8chGXnOpgtkz_pEi8a-15R-M.3OXwllOesVjqL7IV Passcode: 631Q7B^U
Portfolio Page 1 Directive - DUE Sept 10th
Write a one page typed letter that discusses your initial thoughts entering into the school year and your expectations of the year ahead. Perhaps some insight will come from Covid, Core Camp, training with Scott, or past experiences in the program. What do you ultimately want to get out of this program?
Writing expectations - at least 10 sentences if not more...
Agenda September 10th, 2020
1. Due - Portfolio page 1 on classroom & website
2. Breakout rooms - ABCs of RHS Letters N-Z, due Sept 15
Agenda September 15th, 2020
1. Due - Letters N-Z Update, discussion as class of Friday.
2. For Jeff...
2.5 For Mrs. Ochoa - complete
"Follow the link and choose a yearbook coverage topic of your choice. Complete the form and upload a photo. Please choose the topic/form that BEST applies to you. It may be featured in the yearbook. Some forms will require you to be signed in to your school email. Please sign in prior to accessing the Google Form links."
Do you best answering the questions to the best of your ability. If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to Mrs. Ochoa at lochoa@riponusdnet
3. DUE - Envolve Week 1 Challenge
4 Updates on Drive Thru & Club Rush
5. Envolve Week 2 Challenge - Gabriel, Kayla & Jaydin
6. Brainstorm Fall Fest
7. Zoom meeting - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/jwW7TPUtkyyymaiNAkHEmrsEa78norzw8g1z2Nll3D1k6nNV2TR9vOtENJel215c.cj8wH6jj5OUCDIW8 Passcode: &*36BvAd
|File Size:||15 kb|
Agenda September 17th, 2020
Agenda September 22nd, 2020
1. Continue discussion on Fall Fest Ideas
2. Book Study 7&8 Discussion, due Friday Sept 18 to classroom & personal website
Agenda September 18th, 2020
1. Due - Book study 7&8
2. Continued conversation about Fall Fest - Niki in charge
0.5 Journal Due Yesterday 9.21.20
1. Envolve Week 2 Update - Gabriel, Jaydin Kayla
2. Envolve Week 3 - Tech Crew: Bella & Derek
3. Fall Fest Review & Candidate Brainstorming
4. Zoom recording for today: https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/oGZprBxX6Lr-U64S0FXaIaV6atXRABZJ9px-qO-UaNu8TzXvmKemaB1sduERXS02.1e21NT02lr9BJHR1 Passcode: ^489jwbN
Agenda October 1st, 2020
Agenda October 2nd, 2020
1. Please input Professional help on the google doc for Mock Interviews. Assigned 9.30.20
2. Your Future & Happiness - Video, questions due Oct 2
3. Work on ASB Report - remember to publish on your website.
4. Zoom Recording - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/aVlDchSlV39-vNbO-1OwBIpD6I6B7Z4nC8pA3PK0NACobOeiqVHD8LvrvC_njdEA.XTlksWZzWoWaN_Nr Passcode: NbEY4%im
1. Due - Formal ASB Report & Reflection
2. Formal ASB Meeting
3. Zoom Recording - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/r6wOWP7WTpV9i8NrSGUTHhuJXThz5OJ-zE_GX9rqG5BkwR3tUu0umNYNtIiByFDC.3Ah5RKfreTEB23ed Passcode: 3+Z7ybAN
Agenda October 8th, 2020
Agenda October 13th, 2020
1. Holiday Day Card Pick Up at 3pm as needed
2. Book Study #9, 10, 11 - due October 15th
3. https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/EK14z62yXOKoAG17yTzBPcVhZp2VZBViX-bQdcnFypFfNY1tPjRiCouPgxdwDgzZ.4mF8AiVhYv08Wo87 Passcode: K#!8V#Ky
1. Due on Monday the 12th - Journal Week 8
2. Due today by 1:30pm - Portfolio 2, 4, 6, 7 in classroom and published on website
3. Quick ASB Mtg regarding reallocation of funds
3.5 Social Media Assignment - Kate & Naomi
4. Envolve Update from our VPs
5. Envolve this week - Freshmen taking over :)
6. A Culture of Personality - please download the link to be able to read the document. DUE 15th - a reflection of the 'self'
7. Zoom recording - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/NDu4G1z9BFnkPudb5dVESZ9IvMlvFbSK90UUlfNTTt1wLtgP0NV0WzyfK1oHi2ZA.yJFeUk8jsy93fKMK Passcode: .xE$3Q=Z
Agenda October 22nd, 2020
1. Fall Fest Portfolio Page 8 explained - due Tuesday November 3rd
2. Who are you going to be? Due Oct 27th
Agenda October 27th, 2020
1. Due - Journal Week 10 from Monday
2. Gratitude Letter
Agenda October 29th, 2020
1. Snap Raise
Agenda October 30th, 2020
1. Class will be held via zoom until 2pm. Then you will be released to get ready for the Trick or Treat Drive Thru that begins at 3:15 and ends at 4:15pm
2. The Science of Happiness: Gratitude
Agenda November 10th, 2020
1. Snap Raise Mtg Launch - zoom link to be shared at the start of class.
2. Mock Interview - digital portfolio upload
Mock Interview Intro letter to professional on your weebly sites. Follow the directive of the AD to make sure the formal is the same for all students.
3. Zoom instructions - https://riponusd-net.zoom.us/rec/share/QXFch-FghJxOllv8bSpOHjvK58If3AfINZkNAjuAqx1rXUrWv5jem6HIqp7hitu3.NRtxMCDMbpoqO0eR Passcode: t06Ln#d^
Agenda November 12th, 2020
1. Envolve - Each person in the class will complete. Will be done via social media. Once you post, you will ask a friend to complete as well. You will need to provide evidence to Morty by the 17th as to the completion of this task. **This will be considered community service in the gradebook.
2. Book Study - 12, 13, 14
Due on website/classroom on November 17th
Agenda November 13th, 2020
1. Public Speaking - skills
2. Topics - this year, you can pick your own topic that you would like to speak about. Perhaps is it something you have great knowledge in or are truly passionate. Please be appropriate for a school setting. Your topic choice will be due to Morty on the 17th. We will work on writing them during in person class time upon our return after the 30th.
3. Holiday Tree/Door Discussion with Morty
Agenda November 17th, 2020
1. Due - Book Study & Public Speaking Topic
2. Portfolio - page 9&10, due 19th
Agenda November 19th, 2020
1. Due - portfolio pages 9&10 on classroom and websites
2. Ikigai (ee kee gahy/guy) - purpose in life
Breakout rooms - write up due to Morty by 3pm today!
1. Journal work for Tuesday
2. Go over the rules of the library
3. Formal ASB Mtg scheduled for Thursday December 3rd. Formal dress required. Report will be turned in via classroom and uploaded to your website.
4. Set up Photo Sessions - Gracie, Kate, Niki, Abby
Thursday - ???
5. Class Work: Speech, ASB Report
6. Clean the library at the end of the period
Agenda, December 3rd, 2020
1. Journal work for Thursday
2. Respect the rules for the library please.
3. Formal ASB Mtg - Items to go over: Activities/events for Tech and Historian, Spirit Week last week? (no spirit counts), Morty's Final. Veterans, this will look a bit different this year.
4. Photos sessions
5. Work on speeches
6. Clean up library at the end of the period.
Agenda December 8th, 2020
1. Journal due Monday - week 15, complete week 16 this week. DO NOT do a Journal next week - FINALS Week
2. Decide Warm & Fuzzy Spirit Days
3. CASL Self Study - begin our work (breakout rooms)
Agenda December 10th, 2020
1. 2nd Quarter Self Evaluations (google form)
2. CASL Self Study
Agenda December 11th, 2020
1. Book Study - 15, 16, 17
Due Tuesday 15th
Agenda January 12th, 2021
Agenda January 14th, 2021
1. Journals were due Monday for Week 17, please begin working on Week 18
2. Cover Letters: Breakout rooms, video, write
3. Cover Letters will be due on Thursday January 14th via classroom & we will work to upload them together in our websites.
4.**Starting with in person learning on Tuesday - we head into speeches. ASB & Seniors
Niki, Kate, Gracie, Abby, Zoe, Jacob, Gabriel (Brendan with Morty), Laila, Gianna, Bella, Deicia
5. Photography during office hours on Tuesday the 19th - continuing with Frosh
1. DUE - cover letters in PDF format for Website. Also must turn into google classroom.
2. Match-O-Matics roll out discussion - the how to?
3. Addendum for Elections - approval
4. Meet with Senior Officer Team - Minutes for Cap&Gowns
5. Practice your speeches - get ready for next week.
Agenda January 15th, 2021
1. Book stu;dy - 18&19, due to classroom & website on January 19th, 2021
1. Journal week 18 due yesterday - a lot turned in late :(
2. Due today - book study chapters 18&19 to classroom & published on website
3. Publicity - Leadership Applications! All students will be emailed the application via Aeries today/tomorrow by Morty
Social Media Assignment to Natalie & Dillan
Seniors - today Tuesday 19th
Juniors - Wednesday 20th
Sophomores & Frosh - Thursday 21st
Due to Morty by Friday for gradebook
4. Formal Speeches today
Agenda January 21st, 2021
1. Did you complete your publicity and get it turned into Dillan and Natalie for Leadership Applications/Meeting?
2. Speeches - JUNIORS! Wahooo!
3. Meeting at 2pm today for those interested in applying for Leadership 2021-2022
Agenda January 26th, 2021
1. Journal Week 19 due on Monday the 25th - did you turn it in on time.
2. Publicity - Match O Matics & Link Crew
Seniors & Juniors - Monday & Wednesday
Sophomores & Frosh - Tuesday & Thursday
Get your two forms of evidence turned into Natalie & Dillan - grades due to Morty on Friday
3. ELDER PROJECT presentation - WAHOOO - ELDER Gracie Jaime!
3.5 Kate giving speech to class
4. Discuss CASL and our attendance this year - $150 per student, virtual. Current ASB Presz & newly elected ASB Prez must go.
Agenda January 27th & 28th, 2021
Unique situation - Morty will be involved in a 3 day virtual conference about Teacher Mental Health. I will be on a zoom during class. To avoid teacher coverage and a sub - when Morty is already on site - there will be independent work assigned for these two days. it is the expectation that you come to class, we take roll, and you get to work so that Morty can get all the information presented in the conference.
Thursday - Portfolio, due by Friday at 3pm
**Must upload content (not pictures) to classroom) & then put all information on your website and hit publish!
The Best Things about Me - Please have 3-5 pictures on your website that represent who you are. Please write a 5-10 sentence paragraph about what the picture represents. You should do this for each photo you put on this section.
Friday - Portfolio, due by Friday at 3pm
**Must upload content (not pictures) to classroom) & then put all information on your website and hit publish!
Why I like best about being a member of leadership - even during a pandemic...write 10-20 sentence paragraph about what it has mean to you this year to be in the leadership program. From there - pick only 1 picture that represents this idea, moment, belief about the impact this program has given to you for the year thus far. Gotta dig deep veterans because this year has not been like any other.
Agenda February 2nd, 2021
Agenda February 4th, 2021
1. Journal Due on Monday, Week 20
2. Elder Presentation Kate
3. Speeches - Sophomores
4. CASL Formal Approval
5. Photos for Sophomores
1. Freshmen Speeches
2. Reminder, Kate's Elder Project is due Friday by 3pm
Agenda February 9th, 2021
1. Elder Projects by Laila & Deicia
Agenda February 11th, 2022
1. Work on Heart project for FFA & Luck Clovers
2. Due by 1:40pm - Laila & Deicia's Elder Project Homework
Agenda February 16th, 2021
1. FFA Heart due to Morty
2. Journal was due Yesterday - week 22
3. Resume - the packet that you will take to college!!! Due - PDF version (will upload in class together) on Feb 25th
4. "Great Leadership Isn't About You!"
Agenda, February 18th, 2021
1. Reminder - Morty will be out today.
2. Book Study - upload to classroom & website
Chapter 20 - due by 1:40pm TODAY!
3. Self Reflection ABCs - due March 12th, 2021
4. ****DUE FRIDAY 19th to Morty - Team Leaders, bring the Lucky Clovers to Morty's office before 3pm.
Agenda, February 23rd, 2021
1. Journal week 23 due on Monday
2. Elder Presentations - Zoe & Jacob
3. Decide when we are hanging clovers and location for each class.
4. Office hours - with Niki regarding HOCO
Agenda, February 25th, 2021
1. DUE - Digital Resume to classroom, we will upload as a class
2, Article Assignment - Emailed & Classroom - Due March 4th
3. Brendan Lan Elder Project Presentation
4. Senior Spotlight work - Due March 2nd
5. Office hours - with ASB 2021-2022 regarding next years calendar
Agenda, February 26th, 2021
1. DUE - HW for Zoe & Jacob
2. Elder Project - Gabriel Herrera
3. Work on Senior Highlights, ABC packet, article write up, etc
Agenda March 2nd, 2021
1. Journals due Monday 3.1.21 - HOW IS IT MARCH!?!?!
2. A moment with Morty...
3. Plan all of HOCO in this class period ONLY!
4. Resume was due on the 25th, get your employer question form and your questions scripted by the 4th on your website.
Agenda March 4th, 2021
1. DUE - Article to Morty, classroom & emailed to source
2. Brendan's & Gabriel's Elder Project HW due
3. Abby present her Elder Project
4. Homecoming Discussion
5. Work on ABC packet and/or HOCO
6. Juniors - Photos with Morty
Agenda March 9th, 2021
1. Journal due Monday 3.8.21
2. Niki Present Elder Project
3. Senior Athlete Spotlights Due - check in with Morty & Anthony
4. Morty check in with students on article submission issues (only applies to a few)
5. Zoe talk about Love Ripon to the class
6. Get poster paper for each class from storage room! 6x11
Agenda March 11th, 2021
**Morty will be working from home
1. Work on ABC Reflection Packet - Due Friday.
2. Work on HOCO & Posters
Agenda March 12th, 2021
1. Due - Self Reflection ABC packet
2. Abby's Elder Project HW due
3. Jacob to get the PVC piping with the publicity crew for HOCO
Agenda March 16th, 2021
1. Journal due Monday 3.15.21
2. Clovers - Morty will explain
3. Senior Wall up & Flowers out
Agenda March 23rd, 2021
1, Journal due Monday 3.22.21
2. Dillan & Natalie pass out Candy Bags
3. Work on HOCO
*Note - multiple items have arrived from amazon. Check with Morty if your items are here.
Agenda March 18th, 2021
1. Formal ASB Mtg - report due in Google Classroom
2. Publicity for HOCO voting - due to Dillan & Natalie by Friday afternoon.
Agenda March 25&26, 2021
1. Final days to get HOCO things done! Are you working on your procedure form? They will be due April 1st due to Spring Break starting.
2. Morty to review expectations for Friday and next week.
3. Class Publicity officers, please clean up the clovers and take them down.