Every club on campus must have an updated Constitution at the start of each school year with a completed approval officer form. A hard copy of an update Constitution along with the officer form must be given to the ASB Bookkeeper. A digital copy of the Constitution must be emailed to Jill Mortensen, firstname.lastname@example.org, to put on this website.
A club that has been inactive for 18 months will be dissolved and removed from the accounts with the ASB Bookkeeper.
To create a club, these are the following items needed: Adult Advisor, Mission Statement embedded into the Constitution as to the inclusive nature of the club at RHS, Constitution. These items must be turned into the Activities Director for formal approval and then sent to the Principal for final approval of establishment. A club must be formally approved to participate in Club Rush, have meetings, hold fundraisers, and more.
Required to complete prior to the new school year in April/May. Directive to come from the ASB Bookkeeper.
In order to use a facility at RHS, the advisor must work with the Club President to formally request the location at the following website. If there are any issues in requesting a facility, please email Marti Ulrich who is in charge of facilities. email@example.com
In order to hold a fundraiser on campus, you must complete a fundraising form for formal approval. You are not allowed to hold a fundraiser unless this approval process has been completed. If the fundraiser is done with approval, the funds raised will go into the general ASB Fund and not be allocated to the specific club that held the event.
Please note: there are board policies in place at the district level that restrict our fundraiser activity and these policies must be followed accordingly.
Agenda August 12th, 2022 Club Rush - Recruitment
1. Occurs in August each school year. - August 26th, 2022 - Schedule TBD 2. The purpose of club rush is to showcase your club and its goals. It is a time to share and recruit members into the club for the school year. 2.5 - The PreView...Makenzie - Club Showcase - Explain what it is and where a. Ask clubs if they would like to participate in this event b. Get a list of clubs that would like to participate c. Give a few examples of what they could bring to showcase 3. Please communicate via email with the Activities Director that your club would like to participate. - A MAP will be created because there will be a lot going on within this lunch period. 4. Your club will be responsible for the following: a. Table, Chairs, decorations, sign up sheets, goodies to give away, etc. b. Your advisor will need to excuse you ten minutes prior to lunch starting to set up and excuse you ten minutes at the end of lunch to clean up your area. c. Set up location will be along the E wing by the grass area near the amphitheater. We will work on a chart spacing clubs to meet the guidelines of COVID safety protocols. You may want to bring an overhead awing due to sun, though our goal is to find a place for everyone in the shade. d. Student leaders and advisor should be present at the table.
Agenda September 14th, 2022 Homecoming, Dude Be Nice, Military Cards
1. Homecoming - All the information can be found:https://asbofriponhighschool.weebly.com/homecoming-2022.html - Parade Paperwork handed out - Please email Morty with a song choice/theme so that we don't have conflicts 2. Dude Be Nice - Info to Morty by 23rd of September - If your club wants to be involved, let Morty know. - Tshirt sizes to Morty, cost is $20 for each shirt. 3. Military Cards - Community Service - Let Morty know if you want to participate by the 23rd - Due to Morty by October 14th
Dude Be Nice Tshirt
Example Military Card
Agenda October 20th, 2021
1. Dude Be Nice - Shirts should be in by the 25th. Please collect funds and get to Morty based on the number given in September. - Break down of the week event - asking those who wanted to participate the following: Giving week of kindness & positivity Thursday - College Spirit Day, Advisory Gratitude Friday - Dude Be Nice, Red & White, or class tshirt spirit day
Dude Be Nice Week Meeting November 1 - November 5
Meeting Began: 11:28 AM 10/18/21
Thursday, Nov 4
Gratitude Video for Advisory
Instagram Post for Gratitude (juniors not in charge)
Dude Be Nice is a GIVE event, not ASK
Possible dress up days
Possible rally (5th) (outside??)
Possibly Combine ??
Do clubs have a day to participate?
Shirts by 25th
Days: Not a Full Dress Up Week
Monday - Chalk (Kindness and Drama)
Tuesday - Tunes (Leadership)
Wednesday - Thankful Leaves (JROTC) OR Warm Treat (GSA)
Possibly Thursday w/ Advisory
Thursday - Photo Booth (Yearbook) & Teacher Flyers College Spirit
Friday - Hot Chocolate (FFA) Red & White
Talk to Cafeteria
Dude/Dudette: Top Secret
Meeting Adjournment: 12:14 pm 10/18/21
- What does each club want to give to our dude/dudette? Clubs involved: Leadership (shirt & basket), Drama Club, Kindness Club, JROTC, Yearbook, GSA, FFA - Balloons - Candy - Flowers - Cards - etc - Still working on the idea of how to present to our person. No rally at field. Any ideas? 2. Military Cards - Red Cross 100+ turned in already! Wahooo! - Progressive Youth? Crystals Club? They were due Oct 15. - Leadership will have 205 done very soon.
3. Warm & Fuzzy Week - Advisory decorate inside of door project - Leadership wrap doors like present - spirit dress week - Holiday Tree Competition - Holiday night rally?!?!?! Not sure we can do this right now: covid & weather
November 10 Meeting - Warm & Fuzzy week
December Meeting - Holiday Tree event
January Meeting - we did not meet, email sent to club advisors